These rules applies to all of the different cups
- A Trainer must enter with six Pokémon. All Pokémon must be different and hold different items.
- The Trainer selects three Pokémon to battle. If the match is won and none of the player's Pokémon faint, a Continue is received.
- Eight Trainers must be beaten in a row to win the Cup. If a player loses a battle, a Continue may be used to re-challenge the last opponent.
- No two Pokémon can be asleep at the same time. Pokémon that are put to sleep due to Rest do not count.
- No two Pokémon can be frozen at the same time.
- If a Trainer's last Pokémon uses Self-Destruct or Explosion, then the Trainer loses even if the opponent's last Pokémon faints. Perish Song and Destiny Bond also fail when used by the last Pokémon.
- Trainers may not use items on their Pokémon.
- Each team's six Pokémon are selected at random from a pool of rentals
- There are four different level classes:
- Poké Ball: Level 7
- Great Ball Level 11
- Ultra Ball Level 15
- Master Ball Level 19
- Only unevolved Pokémon that can evolve may enter
- Pokémon must be level 1
- Sonic Boom and Dragon Rage have no effect
- Pokémon must be level 10
- The sum of the levels of the three Pokémon chosen to battle must be more than 32
- The following Pokémon cannot enter Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Groudon, Rayguaza Jirachi Deoxys Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione Manaphy, Darkrai, Shayamin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora
- Al Pokémon up to level 20 are eligible
- Opponents will all use level 20 Pokémon
Part 2 | Your Introduction