The Pickle Dragon looks a bit like a combination between a domestic dog and a crocodile, but with fewer teeth. They smell vaguely of vinegar and dill. They'll eat anything pickled, and love cucumbers above all. They are primarily herbivorous, but have been known to eat pickled meats like corned beef, picked tongue, or pickled oysters and mussels. They are good natured and playful, but hard to tame and tend wander off for no apparent reason.
Some people consider the urine of a pickle dragon to be a delicacy, saying it's better than balsamic vinegar reduction , and will pay a handsome price for it, but pickle dragon processes fluids very slowly and only urinate once a month on average. Any more than this and the urine will not have build up its proper flavour. The typically urinate 250ml (8.5 oz) per month, worth ~15gp to the right buyer.
Medium Dragonoid, Chaotic Good
- Armor Class 12 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points 7 (2d4+2)
- Speed 30 feet
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 13 (+1) 8 (-1) 13 (+1) 8 (-1) 13 (+1) 10 (+0)
- Saving Throws saving_throws
- Skills Perception +4, Stealth +2
- Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 14
- Damage Resistances Acid
- Magic Resistance. The pickle dragon has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Keen Senses. The pickle dragon has advantage on Wisdom Perception checks that rely on smell. It can detect pickling solution and vinegar from miles away.
- Languages Understands Common and Draconic but can't speak them.
- Challenge 1/4, 50 Xp
Multiattack. The Creature Name makes Number and type of attacks
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) slashing damage.
Breath Weapon. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, Stream of highly acidic vinegar, 5 feet wide by 30 feet long line (Dex. save) 1d6 acid damage on a failed save, or half as much on a sucessful save. Recharge 5-6.